Monday, 27 July 2015

Kids from the 80s

Holy crap, just realised this blog is nearly 8 years old!

Wow. If this blog was my kid it would be in school and listening to awful music.

At this point I have to say/brag that my first ever musical purchase (and this is not a lie) was a cassette tape called "West Coast Hip-Hop". It had a purple cover with a surfer on it.

I used to love Eric B and Rakim, as well as Public Enemy and Kid n Play when I was a nipper along with plenty of Acid House (especially Technotronic) and the inevitable trash like erm... cringe... Bros, and erm... Terence Trent D'arby. There, I said it.

My first CD was MC Hammer, swiftly (thank God) followed by Gun n Roses "Appetite for Destruction". I think at this point that is all you need to know.

They have been, in many ways, the inspiration for many years of dance music, art, ridiculous dancing and metal moshing, so... "Here's to many, many years of generalised madness!".

As if to prove a point here's Pump Up The Jam - Swoomptheeng-style from last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment