Thursday, 12 June 2008

Rut Addict

Well I've become an addictive personality. I am blaming my age and a newly discovered tendency to get stuck in patterns of behaviour. My current addictions include; Photography, The Smiths & Spanish.

Photography... I bought a bullet-proof camera for my travels and try to make an effort to carry it about with me and take pics of stuff. Clouds strangely are becoming a main focus of attention when I'm out. However a week or so ago I was lucky enough to go to the peak of Snowdon on a Stag weekend for the infamous Levon Lumb, so many pictures taken there of various outdoor scenes and collapsed drunken friends.



The Smiths... how the hell did i get into the Smiths?! They are totally unlike any other band I listen too.. Which is good i suppose. I have no idea why I like them so much. I can only say great song writing; A weird mix of wispy guitar lines, jolly basslines, eighties drum sounds, huge effects and of course Morrissey's whimsical plum-like observations on British life...

Spanish... I will not mention here for fear of flying into a whirlwind of broken amateur Spanish. Found this though which is ace - its a TV drama type thing for learning it: www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/

Can't wait for next episodes !:S

---

As a total aside, check out this fella; Mr.Bungle, Fantomas, Naked City, Korn, Meshuggah - remixed as Breakcore! YEESSSS!!! : http://www.myspace.com/randomatikblast

No comments:

Post a Comment